I’m not sure if I saw the tip on the Veganist episode of Oprah or if I saw it on a passing by of the Today show, but I saw a great tip for sneaking veggies into my breakfast shakes. Obviously, moms and dads have been sneaking veggies into their kids food for years and most notably Jessica Seinfeld’s books have recently brought light to the trend. But for me, this is the first time I have tried it for breakfast.
Today I made my hemp shake and in addition to my fruit, I added a few frozen broccoli florets. I couldn’t taste them at all and it just gave me delight to know that I had my first veggie serving of the day!
Sneaky Veggie Shake
- 3/4 cup of Silk Coconut Milk (vanilla)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of frozen strawberries (approx.)
- 4 tsp of chocolate hemp protein powder
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets (approx.)
- heaping spoonful of unsweetened peanut butter