I’m in a rut bloggy friends. I’ve become really good friends with my couch and my chromecast. I think my running shoes have forgotten my name and I’m pretty sure that the only food group I’ve consistently consumed in the last month is sugar. It is taking its toll on my body and mind. And it’s time to stop. I briefly noted a post on facebook about declaring one’s goals and making them public so I’m going with the SMART goals approach (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound) and committing to a few small things for February. My hope and prayer is that my social media peeps will help me stay on track for just one month. And then we shall re-assess.
- Continue Daily Bible Study
- Complete 8 swims with L4 Swimming (I’m so nervous to try this new group!)
- Complete 8 runs of at least 2 miles
- Reduce sugar and complete Phase I of the 21 Day Sugar Detox
- Read Brene Brown’s “The Gift of Imperfection” and reflect upon what it means to be whole
- Connect and reach out to others at work rather than waiting for them to come to me
- Serve others with joy, not grumpiness
- Vegetables. Yes. Vegetables. Green Ones.
So there you go, 8 goals for the remainder of February. I realize that some of them are not SMART in nature (how do you measure serving with joy?!) but I’m ok with that. I’m most concentrated on the 8 runs and swims and the DSD. Taking control of these physical elements will go a long way in a return to health.
I DECLARE these things to you. Can you help me stay committed?!